How Much Does a Toyota Forklift Cost?
Summary: Toyota Forklift Prices
A 5,000 capacity forklift runs between $18,000 and $30,000. A battery and charger will cost $2,000 to $5000. A 10,000 capacity forklift runs between $30,000 to $45,000. You can save about half of the original price by buying a used forklift.
In This Article
- About Toyota Forklifts
- Toyota Forklift Prices
- Toyota Forklift Rental Prices
- Free Forklift Price Quotes >>
Compare Toyota Forklift Prices and Options
Perhaps most famous for its cars, Toyota has also produced forklifts since 1956. The machines are popular for their quality and durability. Since 2002, Toyota has been the leading seller of forklifts in the United States.
About Toyota Forklifts
Toyota makes two basic types of forklifts:
- Electric forklifts are battery powered and designed for indoor use. They’re available in 3-wheel, 4-wheel or stand-up models with pneumatic or cushion tires. Toyota’s 7-series electric forklifts have lift capacities of 3,000-4,000 pounds for smaller models and 8,000-12,000 pounds for larger models. The company’s 8-series electric models can lift 4,000-6,500 pounds.
- Internal combustion (IC) forklifts are powered by gas, liquid propane or diesel fuel. They’re used outdoors for heavy-duty jobs. Toyota’s 7-series IC forklifts, powered by gas or liquid propane, have lift capacities of 8,000-17,500 pounds. The 8-series gas or liquid propane models can lift 3,000-6,500 pounds. Larger diesel-powered forklifts are capable of lifting up to 50,000 pounds.
Get Free Forklift Price Quotes
Generally, 3,000-, 5,000-, and 8,000-pound models are the most common. Cushion tires are suitable for indoor and light-duty work; pneumatic tires are better suited for outdoor jobs and heavy-duty work.
Toyota Forklift Prices
Prices vary based on the model you select and your geographic location. For the most accurate pricing, fill out our quick form to compare prices from local dealers.
Generally, 5,000-pound capacity electric forklifts sell for about $18,000-$25,000, plus an extra $2,000-$5,000 for the battery and charger. An internal combustion forklift of the exact same size ranges in price from about $16,000 to $30,000.
Diesel forklifts with a 10,000-pound capacity might sell for $30,000 to $45,000, while diesel lifts with 35,000-pound or higher capacities might sell for $100,000 or more.
If you’re on a tight budget, considering buying a used forklift. Often, you can cut the purchase price in half.
Toyota Forklift Rental Prices
Companies with short-term equipment needs or those that are short on cash often choose to rent Toyota forklifts. Rentals are generally available by the day, week or month.
- A 5,000-pound Toyota 7FGU25, a dual fuel forklift with pneumatic tires, rents for about $180-$210 per day, $410-$505 per week or $1,200-$1,300 per month.
- The Toyota 7FDU35, an 8,000-pound diesel with pneumatic tires, costs about $230-$260 per day, $525-575 per week or $1,500-$1,600 per month.
- The Toyota 7FDU80, a 15,000-pound diesel with pneumatic tires, runs about $450-$500 per day, $1,200-$1,250 per week or $3,000-$3,200 per month.
As you can see, it’s best to purchase the longest rental period that seems realistic. It is far more expensive to rent a forklift by the week for four consecutive weeks than to one rent by the month.
In addition to rental fees, save room in the budget for delivery and pickup, fuel costs, and any operator training that is required.