How Much Does it Cost to Replace a Sliding Glass Door?
Sliding Glass Door Installation, Cost and Size Guide
Sliding doors add a lot of natural light to the home. They make a great entrance into the backyard porch, patio, deck or sunroom. But with age, they start to show signs of wear that disrupt your view. You know it’s time to replace your slider when the glass gets foggy, it stops rolling smoothly or the frame is rotting.
Sliders are sold in a variety sizes. Material choices include wood, wood composite, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum. With most sliders, just one panel moves, but some sliders have two moving panels.
Try Our Free Sliding Door Quote Request Tool
Tell us some details about your needs and get connected to pre-screened companies in your area. Compare free price quotes from multiple companies and save time and money instantly! No obligations to hire or purchase ever!
Sliding Door Prices
The majority of sliding glass doors range in price from about $500 to $3,000. However, as you’ll see below, it’s possible to pay more or less.
- Basic vinyl or aluminum sliders from a big box store start at $300 to $500, not including delivery or installation. However, do not expect a high-quality product backed by a solid warranty at this price point.
- Most standard-size (5-6 feet wide), mid-quality doors cost $500 to $1,000. At this price point, you will also find sliding doors made of wood, wood composite or fiberglass doors.
- Larger versions of a similar quality (say 8 feet or larger) typically cost about $1,000 to $2,000, again not including installation. Sliding French doors, which have French-style door panels, also tend to fall in this price range.
- High-end sliders start at about $2,000 to $3,000. At this price point, expect a high-quality wood or wood composite product, or a high-end fiberglass or vinyl product with a robust warranty. Installation may or may not be included.
- Custom-made doors for unusual sizes start at about $2,000 to $4,000. However, you can pay more if you opt for expensive materials like rare woods or fancy decorative features.
Installation costs vary, ranging from just a couple hundred dollars to $1,500 or more, depending on the size of the door, the complexity of the the job and your geographic location. Be sure to find out if installation is included in the price you’re quoted before hiring anyone to do the job.