How Much Does a Kubota Backhoe Loader Cost? Find Kubota Backhoe Loaders for Sale
The Kubota backhoe loader is a highly versatile piece of heavy equipment with a lot of power in a compact package. They have a permanent place on construction sites, but are also used in landscaping, materials handling, and trenching.
The Kubota Corporation arrived in the U.S. marketplace in 1969, where the manufacturer's 21 horsepower subcompact tractor was a big hit. By 1972, Kubota Tractor Corporation (KTC) formed and expanded across the country, moving beyond tractors and into everything from lawn mowers to construction equipment.
Get Free Backhoe Loader Quotes
Closing in on half-a-century of U.S. operations, KTC has offices in California, Texas, Ohio, and Georgia, with a new distribution center in Kansas.
The Line of Kubota Backhoe Loaders
Kubota offers its TLB Series, consisting of three backhoe loader models of varying size and capacity to fit the needs of any crew.
- B26TLB: This utility tractor comes with a 24.3 horsepower Kubota diesel engine and sloped loader arms. Four-wheel drive is standard, and the hood design offers maximum visibility for improved safety and production.
- L47TLB: This model comes with a 47.1 horsepower, Tier 4 Final engine. It has a lift capacity of 2,848 pounds and a digging depth of 10 feet. This unit is ideal for landscapers, independent contractors, and anyone looking for a compact, versatile machine with incredible power and efficiency.
- M62TLB: This is Kubota's largest backhoe loader and includes numerous upgraded features standard. It has a 63 horsepower Kubota Tier 4 Final diesel engine, a front loader lift capacity of 3,960 pounds, and a maximum digging depth of over 14 feet.
How Much Does a Kubota Backhoe Loader Cost?
Backhoe loader costs vary widely by vendor, engine horsepower, dig depth, and more. Expect to pay more for the larger machines with greater dig depth and lift capacity.
- A unit with a dig depth of 9 to 10 feet typically costs between $25,000 and $35,000
- Models with a dig depth of 14 feet and a 70-90 HP engine start at around $50,000 and go up to $90,000
- A model with a dig depth of 15 to 16 feet costs between $75,000 and $110,000
- Models with a dig depth greater than 16 feet range between $110,000 and $150,000
- A new M62TLB tops out at around $73,000, with used models available for around $59,000
- You can find a used B26TLB for between $20,000 and $34,000
Used models are a bit more budget friendly, though prices vary greatly here, as well. In addition to size, expect to pay more for newer models as well as units with upgrades and attachments.
Upgrades and additional features increase the purchase price by thousands of dollars. The most popular upgrades are automatic transmission and four-wheel drive, as these features improve ease of operation.
Popular attachments, such as augers, breakers, and stump grinders, cost another $1,000 to $2,000 apiece.
Kubota Backhoe Loader Dealers
Prices vary from dealer to dealer, so do your research and compare quotes carefully to understand exactly what each quote includes.